A DNA Origins test determines an individual's bio-geographic ancestry. Whether you're interested in researching your family history, or just simply want to learn more about yourself, this test can provide you with a better understanding of your genetic ancestry and a window about your possible ancestors.
Remember that reported "populations" refer to a group of people with shared ancestry and that there is natural migration between these groups over time.
This test gives an estimated percentage of ancestry from four population groups:
- Indigenous American: Population group who migrated to inhabit North, South and Central America
- European: Includes Europeans, Middle Easterners, and South Asians
- East Asian: Includes the Japanese, Chinese, Koreans, and Pacific Islanders
- Sub-Saharan African: Population group of people with roots in the Sub-Saharan region of Africa
NOTE: This test does not predict or establish a person's race*; it only gives an estimate of genetic ancestry or heritage, for example:
What You Receive
- DNA Sample Collection Kit: an easy-to-use DNA sample collection kit containing cheek swabs and complete instructions
- Personalized Certificate PDF: ancestry-test certificate listing your ancestral ethnicity percentages
- Results Manual PDF: a detailed manual that explains your results, as well as provides more information about ancestry testing and human migration history.